Posted: April 5, 2019
L.E.R. is proud to support NBDEN (New Brunswick Disability Executive Network) and its “Champions for Inclusion Program”. This program promotes inclusion in schools across New Brunswick. This unique awareness project, funded by the Department of Education and Early Childhood Development, offers educators an opportunity to invite volunteer speakers, or “Champions”, to talk with students (grades K-12) and share powerful personal messages that focus on ability and possibility.
· Ability New Brunswick
· Canadian Deaf Blind Association
· Canadian Mental Health Association of New Brunswick
· CNIB (Canadian National Institute for the Blind)
· Easter Seals New Brunswick (CRDC)
· Learning Disabilities Association of NB
· Muscular Dystrophy Canada
· Neil Squire Society
· New Brunswick Association of Community Living
· Saint John Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services Inc.
· South-East Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services
The L.E.R. will be having a champion from Canadian Mental Health Association of New Brunswick in to hold a discussion with Grades 3-5 on April 16th.
The L.E.R. has scheduled one of these spearkers for April 16th.